NEXT FRIDAY, October 16, Zen Honeycutt and Moms Across America are headed to Washington, DC to take their anti-science agenda of fear to the U.S. Senate.
Zen and her dangerous, fear-mongering group, Moms Across America, want our elected officials to believe that they speak for all moms when they reject GMOs and the Safe and Accurate Food Labeling Act.
We need to let the Senate know that there are moms who stand for facts, not fear. We aren’t afraid to feed our children genetically modified food because we understand that GMOs are safe.
On October 16, science advocate moms from the DC chapter of the March Against Myths About Modification (MAMyths) will be delivering the following letter to Senate offices.
Let your voice be heard. Sign the letter and we’ll deliver it to as many Senate offices as we can that day. Click the link below to add your signature! And help #Moms4FactsNotFear spread the word by sharing this post!
We are a group of moms who recognize the scientific consensus on the safety of GMOs and support the Safe and Accurate Food Labeling Act. For consumers who wish to avoid GMOs, this Act establishes a national standard label for GMO-free food.
Opponents of the Safe and Accurate Food Labeling Act prey upon parents’ fears about what they feed their children. On October 16, members of Moms Across America (MAA) are meeting with Senators to talk about their opposition to this Act. MAA is a dangerous, fear-mongering, anti-science group. They want people to believe they speak for all moms with their factless opposition to genetically modified food, but that’s not true.
Moms Across America does not speak for us. We know that every major science and health organization stands behind the safety of GMO food, that genetic modification of food is a safe process and that the Safe and Accurate Food Labeling Act is a fair compromise that will create an option for parents who wish to purchase GMO-free food without raising food prices for the rest of us.
Please reject fear, stand with science and vote for the Safe and Accurate Food Labeling Act.
• The weight of scientific evidence shows that GMOs are safe.
• Biotechnology has the potential to feed and nourish the world.
• GMOs saved the Hawaiian papaya and may help save the American Chestnut tree.
• Every major science and health organization (including the World Health Organization, the American Medical Association, the Food and Drug Administration and the National Academy of Sciences) stands behind the safety of GMO food.
• A national standard for labeling GMO-free food keeps labels clear and consistent and food costs low.
Moms for Facts not Fear
Sign the letter HERE.